Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lunch in the Park

While Jack and Lauren headed outside of the city today to continue a survey project from work, I elected to stay in the office to catch up on some research from last week. I got in touch with Elizabeth, and we decided to meet up in St. Stephen's Green for lunch. For those of you unfamiliar with Dublin, St. Stephen's Green is large, public park on the south side of the River Liffey. The photos above were taken earlier in the semester.

It was an absolutely beautiful day outside, and the park was filled with people sprawled out on the grass eating and socializing. It was great to catch up with Elizabeth and sit in the sun for a little bit. After hearing about the recent "heat wave" back home, I was happy to see the sun here!

We'd had 4-5 beautifully sunny days in a row now. I asked one of my co-workers today if this weather is normal for this time of the year, and he laughed at me. The weatherman on the radio today said, "Well folks, this reminds me of summer weather. We'll get one nice week of sunshine, and that's it." Regardless of what the weatherman said, the recent sunshine has really made a difference in the attitude and behavior of the Irish, so I've noticed. People are truly happy to be outside and enjoy the warmth. I can only hope this wonderful weather continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment