Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Day off, Dinner, Volcano?
Due to a family death at work, the office was closed today and I had the day off. I spent a good portion of the day attempting to get my internship portfolio organized, as it's due a week from Friday. It's hard to believe the semester is wrapping up already! After a trip to Tesco for groceries and a long run at the gym this afternoon, I think I'm re-energized and ready to get back to work tomorrow.
Last night a group of us met up with Meghan's parents in the city for dinner. They were some of the lucky ones who were able to make the trip over following the Iceland volcano eruption. They treated us to dinner and pints, all which were very much appreciated. It was fun getting to talk with her parents, and I can definitely see where she gets her positive attitude and spunky personality now.
Update on the Iceland Volcano situation: The Dublin airport was closed again today, after the volcano erupted for the second time yesterday. No news on when it will re-open exactly. Aside from the airport closing, we have not been affected whatsoever. The weather last week and throughout the weekend was absolutely beautiful and without a cloud in the sky! I'm only hoping it decides to cooperate next Saturday May 1 when we're due to fly back to the States!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment