On Wednesday night, I had my second Irish set dancing class. Now, I know what you're all thinking: can Molly dance? Can she Irish set dance? Well.. after some encouragement from Melissa and Colleen, I decided to try it for the first week to see what it was all about! Not only did I love it, but I managed to laugh my way through the steps!
There were eight of us who showed up for the first class, and we each definitely got more of a workout than we thought we would. Our teacher, Mary Beth, is super positive and encouraging, which makes the class both fun and entertaining. The first week we learned the Connemara Set, a traditional Irish set dance. Needless to say, my coordination leaves me a few steps behind everyone else, but I'm starting to catch on, especially after our second class. I think I definitely gave everyone a few laughs too!
Here's a video of what the Connemara set is supposed to look like:
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment