Happy St. Paddy's Day from Ireland! We slept in a little this morning. After having over a week off for spring break and then beginning our internships, a day off was just what we needed (and a few more hours of sleep too).
We headed down into the city centre for the annual St. Patrick's Day parade. I expected it to be crowded, since we've seen a dramatic increase in the number of tourists in the city over the past few days. O'Connell St. was packed with thousands of people awaiting the start of the parade. Due to the fact that I'm vertically challenged, I didn't get to see much of the parade, but I did get a few photos of those in attendance.
Some people went to more desperate measures to see the parade, as you'll see in the following photos.
Colleen and I walked up and down the parade route in hopes of finding a good spot to watch the parade, but we managed to take more pictures of the people in attendance instead.
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment