Thursday, March 11th
After arriving in Paris early Wednesday morning, we were all happy to get a good night's sleep. Caroline visited with a friend who is studying in Paris during our time there, so we were down to just the four of us. We grabbed breakfast in the hostel before setting out to see some of the sights. I had a roll, probably for the first time in my life, for breakfast that is.
Our first stop: Notre Dame Cathedral. It was absolutely beautiful, inside and out. I've watched the Disney version of the Hunchback of Notre Dame numerous times, and can say Disney did a great job of portraying it just right.
We wandered around inside the cathedral, then Meghan, Colleen and I headed up another couple hundred steps to the Bell Tower.
Needless to say, the view from the top was pretty incredible.
We stopped at an small cafe to grab our first (of many) crepes. Meghan suggested I try the sucre (sugar & butter) first.
We walked several miles toward the Eiffel Tower, but stopped for coffee and tea along the way first. After leaving the cafe, we rounded the corner and there it was: the Eiffel Tower.
One of Tara's friend suggested trying macaroons from Laduree. Before trying and buying them, none of us knew what macaroons were, but it's safe to say we really enjoyed them. I bought two: raspberry and lemon, both were delicious.
Craving another crepe, we headed across the street for crepe #2: nutella and banana.
We took a walk down a few blocks toward the original Moulin Rouge.
No comments:
Post a Comment