We had a lecture about the music industry in Ireland last week, and I figured it'd been a interesting topic to write about. Big name artists such as U2, Enya and the Cranberries are all Irish! Who would've thought? Bono, U2's main vocalist and songwriter, was born and raised in Dublin. Other members of U2 also grew up in Ireland, and the band is known to make frequent trips to the country. No, no... I haven't seen U2. Just thought you'd find this info interesting. I received a recently published article in an email from one of my BU professors a few days ago about a shoot in Belfast for a film/documentary about Bono's life last weekend. Apparently, they were looking for extras for the 80s era film. Looks like U2's roots are definitely seeded in this country!
Van "The Man" Morrison is also a famous Irish artist, originally from northern Ireland. While he's had a few hits, "Brown Eyed Girl" may be considered his best track. I grew up listening to it, as it's one of my uncle's favorite songs. I've heard it a few times in several of the pubs, and it always reminds me of home. Here's a covered version of the song, enjoy!
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment