Elizabeth, Colleen, Jack and I headed down the road from campus to play some flag football this morning. One of the guys we met during the DCU Superbowl party a few weeks back invited us to join their flag football team on Saturdays to play some ball. I'd say the guys on the team were pretty happy we showed up, since they were short some players today.
We ran some routes, and then played a game of 4 v 4. I can't say I received my father's talent on the field, but I was able to score a touchdown and blitz the QB a few times. It was a lot of fun to run around outside for a few hours. It was a chilly morning, but the sun came out in the afternoon and it warmed up a little.
I spent the afternoon researching and getting books from the library for my next essay. This one's for Contemporary Society. I've chosen to focus on the topic of Irish Women in Sport. I thought it would be interesting to learn more about the history of Irish females and their participation in athletics. My idea was to focus on their involvement in college sports, although I'd had some trouble finding more information in that area. After spending a semester interning with a college athletic department in the States, it's hard to put aside my knowledge of NCAA athletics and try to learn about college sports in other country. I feel like this one will give me more trouble than the last one, but I think I'm up to the challenge.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment