Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday in the City

After a full week of classes and field trips, it great this morning to get a few extra hours of sleep! Melissa and I went into the city for a few things in the afternoon. I've been starting to think about packing for spring break next week and have realized my Northface backpack just isn't going to cut it. Melissa has a hiking backpack, and I figured it might be a good idea for me to look into getting one, considering that living out of a backpack for 8 days may get pretty interesting! Below a picture of the one I found and bought today.

Speaking of spring break, we booked our hostels this week! Here's the run down of our plans:
* March 5,6,7-Rome
* March 8 &9- Florence
* March 10-Venice
*March 11,12,13- Paris

Two countries, four cities, two flights, three train rides: all in eight days! There are five of us traveling together, I'm getting really excited!

We did a little shopping, grabbed some food and then went to see Leap Year. I'd already seen the movie, but Melissa hadn't so I figured why not see it again, considering we are in Ireland! It was cute, and I'm definitely glad we went to see it. Turns out the film was shot in Dublin and Dingle, one of the small towns we visited a few weeks ago on the southern coast.

Tomorrow, four of us are headed to Galway and the Aran Islands for the weekend! I'm pumped and can't wait to head back to the west coast and see the beautiful islands we've been hearing so much about! Check back Monday for an update and photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment