Last day of classes for the week! We talked about Mass Media in Ireland in Contemporary Society today, mainly about the origin of Irish television and radio. We also looked at a few advertisements: a Red Bull print ad depicting how France banned the sale of this energy drink. The image is of unrealistic-sized Red Bull cans being shot out of a helicopter toward the Eiffel Tower. The headline reads, "Bye, Bye Eiffel Tower." The lecture was interesting, although a little repetitive for a few of us, as we're taking the Mass Media elective, and have been talking about the same stuff for the past two weeks.
We also had our first quiz today in history. Now I'm not saying that we were stressing about a little 10-question, 6-8 minute quiz, but most people spent some time last night in study groups reviewing the material. I think I did well, I knew the material well, thanks to a review session with my roommate!
I'm pretty tired today. It could be that I woke up at 7am to do laundry. The laundry room on campus closes from 12am to 7am, so a few of us woke up early to beat the rush of the rest of our group. I got an extra hour of review for today's quiz too, which I think was definitely helpful!
Now, enough about school for the week. Tomorrow, our group's scheduled to have a meeting with EUSA, the group that arranges our internships for us. We won't officially start interning until after our spring break, but I believe the meeting is to set up the initial interviews. After the meeting, most of our group will be leaving DCU for the weekend to travel to the west coast of Ireland. We'll be staying in Ennis on Friday night, and Galway on Saturday. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment